Welcome!

This blog began as we documented our adoption of our third child, Caleb. It is now an eclectic journal of our often amusing lifestyle with 4 young children.

We do try to "keep it simple" because our lives are obviously busy enough! We try to hold true to what we firmly believe is the most important: family, friends, and faith.

We hope you enjoy our everyday happenings!

8/9/09

Visiting Family Up North

We just got back from spending 5 days visiting my family in northern Wisconsin. Keith, unfortunately, couldn't get off of work so it was me and the kids for the week. Thank heavens I had willing relatives to help me with the crew!!!!



Meghan lost tooth #2 on the last night





Good thing the Tooth Fairy found us, anyway!







The biggest attraction was the reclining seat. It can hold 3 stubborn kids who won't give up their seat when it needs to...







And as long as the recliner is around, the couch is apparently useless!







I managed to get a couple of pictures when the kids were getting along. Aren't they great in their matching shirts?







I LOVE this picture!



And yes, a more typical pose...





Mariah and my dad, AKA Fishing Grandpa






Mariah, my dad, and my grandma. (Great Grandma to the kids)




3 comments:

Gardenia said...

great photos. love the tall pines in the backgrounds. We are headed up there in a week. love the matching shirts. and their smiles.

Hannah said...

Great pictures! I love the one of the three together..that should be framed. Love it.

Ana said...

I agree, why need a couch when you have a good recliner. Afterall, a family who sits together stays together. It's a bonding experience; when it's not a terribly annoying mommy experience.

Love the pictures of the three of them together!


Caleb, 9 1/2 months

Caleb, 9 1/2 months
Here is a great picture of Caleb we took during our visit trip.

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old
This is our favorite picture from the group we received with our referral.