Welcome!

This blog began as we documented our adoption of our third child, Caleb. It is now an eclectic journal of our often amusing lifestyle with 4 young children.

We do try to "keep it simple" because our lives are obviously busy enough! We try to hold true to what we firmly believe is the most important: family, friends, and faith.

We hope you enjoy our everyday happenings!

12/28/07

Cute Update on Caleb

We were able to send down two 2-gallon ziploc bags of clothes, toys, shoes, etc. with another family recently. We received an e-mail from our agency today, with a message from Caleb's foster mom, saying that Caleb really enjoyed the teddy bear and the shoes. In fact, he apparently likes the shoes so much that he won't take them off! :)

Have a Happy New Year. We are hopeful that 2008 will be the best year yet!

Keith and Kris

8 comments:

Gardenia said...

Kris, very cute story. On our recfent visit trip, our daughter would not keep both her shoes on. she kept taking one off. Even for the Christmas picture we took in the hotel lobby in front of the Chrtistmas tree, when she sat on my lap, we hid her right foot under my leg -- outside the camera's view -- b/c she wouldn't keep the shoe on! She also discovered taking off her socks. Same thing, one sock on, one off. all weekend. praying Caleb and my daughter home. Ellen

J said...

How adorable! I'm hoping you guys get good news soon.

Jenn in PA

Kim said...

Hi Chris~I just thought I would visit your blog seeing we have the same agency:) I am hoping and praying that Caleb comes home soon!

Kara said...

Hi Kris and Keith,
Sorry I haven't been able to really check out your blog. Caleb is so cute. Why can't they just let him come home!!! Any word on the birth cert. issue? We're hoping and praying for you guys.
Best wishes,
Kara

Anonymous said...

Kris, I pray that you will soon have Caleb home with you.
I just got back from a trip to China with my son and daughter-in-law. We traveled to Kumning (southern China) to pick up 15-month old Joshua, their second adopted child from China. (Last year they had traveled to China and brought 16-month Grace home.) It was an awesome trip and wonderful experience for me.
I can feel and empathize with your frustration with the process. I know you will hang in there. Keep the faith.
With love and prayers,
Mary Neilitz, Laona High School

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

Just found your blog through the forums on adoption.com, i want you to know i am adding you to my prayer list. The trouble you are having is completely unfair, but I know you will bring Caleb home, I will pray for it to be sooner than later!!! Blessings to your family!

Tracy said...

Also found your blog through the adoption.com forum. I believe we have the same agency and even the same attorney! The pictures on our blogs look similar (chair with blanket). We are currently kicked out of PGN and waiting for new Central Authority. I'll continue to pray Caleb home!
Tracy

Telissa said...

hope that birth certificate is around the corner. you guys are in our prayers!


Caleb, 9 1/2 months

Caleb, 9 1/2 months
Here is a great picture of Caleb we took during our visit trip.

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old
This is our favorite picture from the group we received with our referral.