Welcome!

This blog began as we documented our adoption of our third child, Caleb. It is now an eclectic journal of our often amusing lifestyle with 4 young children.

We do try to "keep it simple" because our lives are obviously busy enough! We try to hold true to what we firmly believe is the most important: family, friends, and faith.

We hope you enjoy our everyday happenings!

12/13/07

Rollercoasters and Random Thoughts...

Tomorrow marks 3 months since Caleb was approved by PGN. That has given me 3 months to deal with the "ups and downs" of waiting for the issues to be resolved. When we first started the adoption process, we were told that it is a "rollercoaster of emotions." No kidding. It's so much worse than that, I can't even explain it. There are days, when we receive hopeful news, that I am convinced that everything is absolutely perfect, and that nothing can go wrong again. Then, when the hopeful news doesn't pan out (and believe me, that has happened so much over the past 3 months especially) I cannot describe the agony, misery, and sadness. So it's official, I HATE ROLLERCOASTERS! I'M NEVER GOING TO SIX FLAGS, DISNEY WORLD, ETC. FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT TAKING PICTURES! ROLLERCOASTERS STINK!!!

Now for the random thoughts...
I'm assuming that everyone who is reading this has had situations at work or at home where you are required to do something that you don't really want to do. A situation that is really frustrating or involves a lot of work, one that makes you think "oh, if this would just go away it would be so much easier." Or, "if I didn't have to do this, my life/job would be so much less stressful." I know I run into this attitude a lot at work, and yes, I'm guilty of it myself. However, the next time you run into it, please think of Caleb. I now refer to this as the Sayaxché Attitude. The city government there didn't want to deal with all of the politics involved with the adoptions, so they passed their law forbidding the Civil Registrar to register adoptions or release documents related to adoption. How nice for them, they don't have to "deal with adoptions anymore." However, innocent children like Caleb are STUCK because of this. So please, the next time you run up against, try to look beyond the immediate situation that is frustrating you, and try to see the long-term reasons for why you have to do what you do. I know I am, for Caleb's sake. Please do not be guilty of possessing the Sayaxché Attitude!

I'm sorry for the lecture...this waiting obviously gives me too much time to think!

Kris

2 comments:

happykosmo said...

Count me in, NO MORE ROLLER COASTER! I'm out of vomit bags!

Your analogy is so true.

Continue to hang on tight for little Caleb.

Debra

Telissa said...

you're added to our prayer list! i hope your path leads us to quicker resolution on bringing our children home! he is precious and pray your wait is almost over! best wishes - i sent you my e-mail.


Caleb, 9 1/2 months

Caleb, 9 1/2 months
Here is a great picture of Caleb we took during our visit trip.

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old
This is our favorite picture from the group we received with our referral.