Welcome!

This blog began as we documented our adoption of our third child, Caleb. It is now an eclectic journal of our often amusing lifestyle with 4 young children.

We do try to "keep it simple" because our lives are obviously busy enough! We try to hold true to what we firmly believe is the most important: family, friends, and faith.

We hope you enjoy our everyday happenings!

8/22/08

Funny Moments from Home

With four kids, every day is an adventure. Here are some recent funny moments from our home.



Yes, this is a picture of a Battleship board. Jared insisted that I take a picture of it after he played with Keith. Do you kids do this? I have to take pictures of the most seemingly insignificant things. Of course, I'm very thankful for digital cameras, I never have to pay to get these goofy pictures developed, yet they are saved forever. Just more things to bring up when the kids are teenagers!



Here's another picture of Jared. Guess what he's doing...yep, holding Mariah. He's only 7, but he has been the biggest help with her. There have been a couple of times when she will be fussy, and he'll start singing to her and rubbing her leg - and she'll go right to sleep. We're so proud of him...he had a rough go of it when Caleb and Mariah joined the family, and he's evolved into the perfect big brother.


Here are some pictures from the many times I had the kids play in the sprinkler in the yard. In this first picture, Meghan is bravely trying a taste of the water:


Caleb, of course, has to model everything his big sister does. Here is his first attempt at drinking the water:


And then, after he's figured it out! As you can see, he has no fear of the water! (another reason why we won't have a swimming pool for awhile....)


I know that this will surprise any parent who has ever adopted a child, or has had a two year old before. Caleb has the "terrible twos squared" syndrome. When he gets something into that little head, watch out! He is very stubborn and independent. Here's what happens when he wants popcorn - it's the entire bag!

And then there is dressing himself. I've learned I have to let him do it himself - and then fix the damage afterwards. Here's his attempt at putting on his own shirt. Like his face, it's saying "see, Mom, I did it just fine myself!!!!"


One day, for about the hundredth time, I caught Caleb playing with Mariah's toys. I wouldn't mind except that he tends to get rough and break them. Well, I'd had enough, so I put him in the exersaucer:






YES, as you can tell, this was "some" punishment. I think he played in there for about 30 minutes, and he's snuck in many times since then. Sigh, I can't win...I keep getting outsmarted by a 2 year old!!!!



Here's Mariah in her Jumperoo - the one toy Caleb hasn't climbed into yet!

And here's Mariah in one of her cute dresses. The phase of taking her picture when she's propped is coming to a close...she's only days away from sitting up herself!

Whenever I hear the statement, "kids have no imagination nowadays," I feel bad for the person who said it - because they have obviously not met Meghan. Here's her playing "dressup" with some of her dolls.

And finally, here is a picture of Caleb on the riding mower with Keith. This is a big accomplishment for Caleb. Since he came home, he has been petrified of snowblowers, tractors, and lawnmowers. He would run for his life whenever he saw one. The fact that he has built up enough trust of Keith, plus enough courage to actually ride the lawn tractor, is I think a good example of how well he has adjusted. Caleb is truly an amazing kid, and we are truly blessed to have such an amazing family of four perfect children.

Have a great day, everyone! Thanks for checking out our blog!
Kris

3 comments:

Jen said...

What great pictures! Glad to hear that Caleb has adjusted so well and Keith must just feel soooo awesome that Caleb trusts him to take him on the tractor. Your family looks great! Kids do have such strong imaginations. They are truly amazing!
Love, Jen

Sue said...

Wonderful pictures! Glad to hear that Caleb is adjusting so well. Thanks for sharing!

Hannah said...

Caleb cracks me up!! I can't believe how big the babies are getting. Caleb is just growing like a weed! Little Miss Mariah is getting so big!

Your kids are just beautiful. I love seeing the pictures of them each month! I love how mischievous Caleb always looks :)

Your Sayaxche friend
Hannah


Caleb, 9 1/2 months

Caleb, 9 1/2 months
Here is a great picture of Caleb we took during our visit trip.

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old
This is our favorite picture from the group we received with our referral.