Welcome!

This blog began as we documented our adoption of our third child, Caleb. It is now an eclectic journal of our often amusing lifestyle with 4 young children.

We do try to "keep it simple" because our lives are obviously busy enough! We try to hold true to what we firmly believe is the most important: family, friends, and faith.

We hope you enjoy our everyday happenings!

11/18/08

Help Me Design Our Christmas Card! PLEASE!

Okay, my creative juices are definitely NOT flowing this year. I need to come up with an idea for this year's Christmas card. I thought of a couple of ideas - some sarcastic, some possible - but nothing that really "grabs" me.

Idea #1: The usual, standard (boring, no offense to anyone) picture of the 4 kids in front of a Christmas tree. I like something more creative.

Idea #2: (Keith really likes this one - but we have a feeling that Social Services would get called) Putting duck tape on all of the kids mouths with "Peace on Earth" written over their heads.

Idea #3: A picture of the kids putting coal in Daddy and Mommy's stockings. I bet the expressions on their faces would be priceless. I like the idea - but charcoal is messy and I don't want to deal with that kind of a mess (or have to buy new stockings for Keith and I)

Idea #4: Have the kids in the bathtub with tons of bubbles, with bubble beards and Santa hats on. LOVE this idea, but Mariah is too small. This is definitely an idea for next year, though...

SO, I am REALLY struggling with some good ideas. Keep in mind that our kids are 7, 4 (almost 5), 2, and 9 months. The kids don't have to be in the same picture (I am okay with having 3 or 4 pictures on the card). Suggestions???????

Here are our cards from the past 2 years... thank you in advance for your ideas!!!!!


2006

2007

4 comments:

Ana said...

Well, I'm with Keith. I think the Duct Tape and Peace on Earth would be CLASSIC! Granted, not sure if DCF would find it as amusing.

Good luck!

Hannah said...

I think the Tape is too funny!! I have also seen cards that say "we've grown by 4 feet" and have pictures of all the kids feet.

We are doing just a couple of kid shots...but not in front of a tree ")

You could do the Hear no evil, speak no evil pose but that's only for three too.

Unknown said...

Hannah, I did think of the "hear no evil..." one. In fact, I may go with that one, and have a sign in front of Mariah that says "tastes no evil???" since she always has everything in her mouth.

Kris :)

olga k said...

Kris-

I love the coal idea! You could get fake coal (Michael's sells it for very cheap) so that the kids don't get their hands dirty. And I love the "taste no evil" too for Mariah.

A good friend did multiple cards...funny for friends, and traditional for family. I would still love the peace on earth one too!

Good luck! You have 4 beautiful subjects to work with!

Olga


Caleb, 9 1/2 months

Caleb, 9 1/2 months
Here is a great picture of Caleb we took during our visit trip.

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old
This is our favorite picture from the group we received with our referral.