Welcome!

This blog began as we documented our adoption of our third child, Caleb. It is now an eclectic journal of our often amusing lifestyle with 4 young children.

We do try to "keep it simple" because our lives are obviously busy enough! We try to hold true to what we firmly believe is the most important: family, friends, and faith.

We hope you enjoy our everyday happenings!

12/23/08

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I have some catching up to do!!! I hope to have the time during Christmas vacation to post daily...I will need to to get caught up with all the cool pictures I have on the computer!

Anyway...this post is to get me caught up on the two most beautiful female members of our clan, Meghan and Mariah. Don't worry - they guys will be next. Since it was Meghan's birthday recently, I have lots of "girl" photos to start with.
.
.
.
Here is a nice picture of Meghan and her birthday cake. We have a family tradition that when you turn 5, you get to have two birthdays - one for family, and one with friends. It's a big deal for the kids. This is from the "family" birthday:
.
.
.
And here is Meghan with her group of friends, at her "friend" birthday. We are very fortunate that all of our kids have very, very nice friends. (And yes, Keith and I managed to survive ALL of these girls!!!)
.
.
.
Here is a picture of Meghan, all ready for her Christmas program for preschool. I certainly didn't tell her to pose like this. For those of you who know Meghan, I'm sure you can pick out the little smirk (and possibly even see the devil's horns sticking out of her head) as she TRIES to look angelic:
.
.
So often, I'm the one behind the camera. Here is a fairly decent picture of Meghan and me. Meghan's personality always shows on the camera, doesn't it?



.
.
.
And here is a picture of me with both of the girls. How lucky am I to have two beauties as daughters?

.
.
.
Meghan isn't always a morning person - to put it nicely. She can be quite the cranky lady when she wakes up. One morning at breakfast, she was crabbing so much that I took all of the cereal boxes and made a wall around her, mainly in hopes that the cereal boxes would miraculously turn into a sound-proof wall more than anything. Wouldn't you know it, the little princess loved it. I now have to make her "palace" everytime we eat breakfast:


.
.
.

Here's a cute picture of Mariah. She is trying so hard to walk on her own...but for now still has to use furniture to get around. Note that she lost a shoe:
.
.
.
Yet another classic Meghan pose. This was taken at daycare. Again, she has the best expressions sometimes!!! Between her faces and Caleb's, there is a lot of laughing by Keith and I!

.

.

Here is a picture of Mariah in her cute little swimsuit:

I hope you enjoyed the pictures!!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Loved the pictures...You have two beautiful little girls. I love how playful she is for the camera!!

Love the picture of you and the girls too cute!!

Merry Christmas...again :)

veggiemom said...

Loved the pics!!! Merry Christmas!

Ana said...

The girls are sooo cute. Mariah does have great expressions! A wonderful quality to have as a woman...a look can communicate many many things without having to say a single solitary word. :-)

Merry Christmas!!!


Caleb, 9 1/2 months

Caleb, 9 1/2 months
Here is a great picture of Caleb we took during our visit trip.

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old
This is our favorite picture from the group we received with our referral.