Welcome!

This blog began as we documented our adoption of our third child, Caleb. It is now an eclectic journal of our often amusing lifestyle with 4 young children.

We do try to "keep it simple" because our lives are obviously busy enough! We try to hold true to what we firmly believe is the most important: family, friends, and faith.

We hope you enjoy our everyday happenings!

12/8/08

Our Visit with Santa

Last weekend, we went to visit Santa Clause. I was a little apprehensive - the entire "Santa thing" is new to Caleb, and he gets very upset around people or situations that he doesn't know. Plus the mere idea of bringing 4 kids into the local flower shop (read - lots of breakable, nice stuff) was a bit unnerving as well. However, the kids did great!!!!


Jared went first. I should mention that ALL my kids (and Keith and I) are huge believers in Santa!

Meghan was next. This was the first year that she had no problem climbing up on Santa's lap with her requests. It was difficult to capture the complete joy on her face...but here are a few pictures:

Mariah was next. At 9 months, she doesn't have the complete "stranger anxiety" yet, so she didn't cry. She just kept on looking at Santa like, "who is this guy, anyway???"


And then it was Caleb's turn. By this time he was a bit upset and did NOT want to sit on Santa's lap. I've mentioned this to some people before, but besides the fact that this is Caleb's first Christmas with us, the entire concept of Santa Clause is new to him...his foster family in Guatemala was Jehovah's Witness. ANYWAY...Santa was very understanding...he moved over so that Keith and Caleb could sit next to Santa.

Doesn't Caleb just look THRILLED!?!?!?!

This picture is even better. See the look on Caleb's face? I love this look. I get it a lot when I won't let Caleb do something (like color the wall with markers, or eat candy at supper). I'm so glad I caught it on camera, although I feel bad that Santa had to get "the look."


Now this last picture was really cool. Keith and Caleb were about to get up when Santa tickled Caleb. He started laughing!!!! So now he knows that Santa is pretty cool, after all.


Kris

2 comments:

Ana said...

What? Santa didn't have Keith sit on his lap with Caleb? Very cute pictures!!!

I'm thinking about the Santa pictures and wondering how they will go. I guess we won't know until we try. :-)

Hannah said...

Those are cute. I love how Meghan wore her sparkly Santa hat to visit Santa...

Caleb cracks me up! That look. I get that look too. Sophia gives it to me at least a hundred times a day.

Sophia doesn't like Santa either. She would never even get as close as Caleb did.


Caleb, 9 1/2 months

Caleb, 9 1/2 months
Here is a great picture of Caleb we took during our visit trip.

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old

Caleb, 4 1/2 months old
This is our favorite picture from the group we received with our referral.